Still help needed?

Mar 4, 2015 at 7:09 PM
If you still need help, please contact me.

Stefan
Nov 6, 2015 at 10:43 PM
Hi,
I hope this is the correct contact point (my apologies if not).
I have a CBM 4016 expanded to 32k (Pet) with a Petdisk. I now I have alarge library of programs all on the one sd card and need an easy way to navigate the Petdisk.
CBM-command says it supports Commodore Pet/CBM computers.
I downloaded it and found a number of config versions but none for the Pet. I attempted to load each one but the wouldn't run either in Pet emulation (on c64 Forever+) or the real CBM computer. It did run fine when I used it in c64 config.
Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Thanks for any help you can offer.
Graham
Coordinator
Nov 6, 2015 at 11:05 PM
Download the d80 archive which has the pet versions.

Sent from my Windows Phone

Nov 6, 2015 at 11:22 PM
Thanks for the tip and the fast response. Ive now downloaded it and its running fine.
Cheers
Graham.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Nov 10, 2015 at 3:39 AM
I'm sorry to bug you but when I load either cbmcommand.pet40 and 80 into my emulator (C64 Forever emulating my Pet 4016) and they both run fine.
However when I load them on my real CBM 4016 (expanded to 32k) I see the CBMcommand startup menu screen followed by - ?device not present error in 736
A list of the program in memory shows a single line 736 sys1037

I'm trying to load my my programs from a bitfixer Petdisk set as device 8 which works fine loading the programs manually.
Do you have any suggestions?
many thanks
Graham

Coordinator
Nov 10, 2015 at 12:40 PM
I know next to nothing about PET architecture, so take this with a grain of salt.

Do you know if the 32K expansion moves the start of BASIC? If so, try loading the correct CBMCMD file with ,8,1 and then manually sys1037 after it loads and see if that helps.
Nov 10, 2015 at 12:46 PM
thanks plbyrd,
I know that the PET is very sensitive to memory location.
I havent tried using 8,1
I will give it a try and let you know if it works.
Thanks for the help.
cheers Graham